- Work closely with team(s) of offshore developers, leading them to meet deliverables day to day in an agile environment.
- Create high level design documents, review low level design documents created by the team.
- Manage major incidents from a technical standpoint, with a sense of urgency for critical applications that have direct customer impact.
- Work closely with product owners and architecture, to understand business requirements and understand the enterprise roadmap and provide solution options.
- Work closely with vendors and project management team to provide regular updates on the status of the project and maintains transparency.
- Understanding the editorial ecosystem, and as a result work with various development, shared service teams within/outside the program on enhancements, new requirements, and impact analysis for any major changes – functional or technical.
- Work closely with security team to ensure application meets the corporate standards and reduce technical debt.
- Implementing DevOps culture, and use of tools to ensure Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery for application deployment.
- Leverage monitoring tools for application insights and patterns that can identify potential issues, enhance user experience, and improve performance.
- Utilize strong knowledge on AWS, to aid in migrating applications from on premise data centers to the cloud and leverage AWS tool set to modernize existing applications.
- Experience working with multiple application environments, and support business continuity across multiple geographic regions.
- Work closely with Architecture and Technology SME’S to formulate new solutions or enhance existing solutions to meet business needs.
- Experience working with structured and unstructured data elements.
- Technically mentor and guide a group of developers on new and upcoming technologies adopted by the company.
- Master’s degree or equivalent.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Confident and articulate in presentation.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks under tight deadlines.
- Prior experience with SCRUM/Agile methodologies with enterprise-level application development projects.
- Constantly strives to discover and learn new technologies.
- Ability to balance business priorities with technical requirements.
- Ability to interface with executive level management and give senior level presentations.
- Experience working with databases and data architectures – Oracle/Postgres, NoSQL and Graph databases.
- Experience in working with clustered and container based architectures (Microservices, Docker, Kubernetes), including high availability and scalability.
- Strong experience with AWS (such as EC2, VPC, Route 53, API Gateway, S3, RDS, Lambda, ECS Fargate, etc.)
- Experience working with DevOps practices and using tools/technologies for software build automation, test and delivery – such as Source Control (git), Configuration Management (Ansible), Build pipelines (Maven, Jenkins), Automated Test (Junit/Jest).
- Experience in code security & quality – familiar with tools such as SonarQube, Fortify.
- Experience of integration patterns and technologies – REST/SOAP/Messaging.
- Experience in preparing technical artifacts, presenting designs to peers, building POCs
- Experience working in multiple app servers – Weblogic, JBoss, Tomcat and web servers – Apache.
- Experience working with web content authoring/management platforms (CMS).
- Experience in single sign on integrations (IDP, SP initiated, SAML, OAuth/OpenID).
- Experience on other design patterns/technologies: JMS, Publish/Subscribe, ORM frameworks.
Job Type: Contract
Job Location: New Jersey New York
Work Type: Hybrid